Date: 07/17/08
Weight: 311.5 -4 oz
Today I fell asleep in my car on my lunch break and when I woke up I was all sweaty and I desperatly wanted to come home and shower. That's disgusting isn't it? Sorry.
After work I had another work-out and it was my weekly weigh-in. I was really freaking out about the weigh-in today. It's been my usual routine to lose weight the first three weeks on a program and by the 4th week is when I start slipping and gaining back all the weight I worked my ass off (literally) to lose.
I didn't want to step on the scale. I would've been so incredibly freaking humiliated if I had gained any weight. Luckily I had lost 4 ounces. I had a talk with my personal trainer about what I've been eating and he stressed to me how important it is to eat something for breakfast. He also told me that they recommend that you have atleast 75% of your daily calorie intake with breakfast and lunch and then for dinner have something lite. Which I didn't know. I never eat breakfast. I don't have an appetite until around 11:30 everyday.
My mini-goal for the next month though, is to start eating something for breakfast. Even if it's a piece of toast or a banana...I'm also going to work on keeping up with making lunches for work instead of going out. I haven't ate out for lunch in over a month (except for my Friday lunches with the girls, which I won't give up) so I'm doing really good about that - I just feel myself slipping and I need to cut that out!!!
I haven't binged in two months either. Everytime I feel myself starting to think about it, I get up and go for a walk around the block at work and by the time I get back I don't have time to drive anywhere and by then my mind has usually come down off wanting to make the drive-thru rounds.
I'm not ready to get into why I binge...it all has to do with punishing myself and self-destruction, but you're not a psychologist and I don't want you to feel sorry for me or try to diagnose me...not yet anyway! *g*
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i must be going crazy because i totally remember commenting on this post yesterday.
congrats on the loss, and you're completely right, every ounce counts!!
i agree with the eating breakfast thing, but seriously, 75% of your calories with breakfast and lunch? that's just crazy talk. that would only leave me between 312 and 325 calories for dinner! although, now that i think of it, i think that is what i usually try to eat for dinner. hm.
Good luck with your weight loss journey! I can be a binger sometimes too but I do find that eating breakfast really does help with that. Kind of easy for me to say because I love breakfast and I am always hungry when I wake up in the morning. I also try to get my workout done right away in the morning and I need to have breakfast before I do that so I have some energy for my workout. Not everybody's favorite but I find oatmeal to be the best for keeping me feeling full until my midmorning snack and lunch....
Ha, I used to go out to my car specifically to sleep sometimes while I was in college. I remember being exhausted so much of the time.
I'm sure you'll realize that at some point, you will have a gain week. It may not be this week, and it may not be the next, but it'll happen sometime. How you react to that gain will be more important than the gain itself. Don't freak out! :-)
All that said, congrats on your loss!
On the 75% thing, it makes sense to me, but I have trouble doing it in practice. I have been having a tendency to undereat as a result. I know that sounds weird. But on nights that I have Tae Kwon Do and I run, I have to eat a light dinner, or it'll make me at best sluggish, at worst, sick. If I've not eaten enough for breakfast and lunch, I'm way short when it comes to dinner. That, and I have a much greater chance of eating way too much for dinner if I've not eaten enough during the day.
I don't know if any of that means anything to you or not.
Logically, your body needs more fuel during your waking hours, too. Still, I hadn't heard the 75% thing before.
Bringing your lunch versus eating out can make a big difference, both in the healthiness of your meals, and cost. Good for you!
Post a Comment