Date: 07/10/08
Weight: 311.9 -.2 lbs
I have been SO busy! Filling in for someone at work while doing my own work at the same time, running my daughter around last weekend and going to my work-outs!
Last week was my second weigh-in with the new program, my first weigh-in was right after I had fasted for 18 hours, so last week when I weighed-in and saw I had "gained" weight from the previous week I didn't really sweat it too much because, after talking to my PT, figured the weight "gain" was really not a gain at all and in fact right on track with where I should be since my weigh-in after fasting showed I had lost like 5 or 6 lbs...so I think really my weight loss was right in the middle of that somewhere so really I think my gain last week was more of a loss than I thought.
NOW that I've confused anyone that comes here, as well as myself, I'll move on!!!
The weather here has been absolutely fan-freaking-tastic!!! For me to say that, is quite something since I loathe anything much hotter than 75. It's been between 75 and 80 all week, the sun is out, it's breezy...and it's not a hot 75-80...it's a cool 75-80 and I love being out in it! I've been going for walks on my lunches and I'm even starting to take my two 15 minute breaks to go for more walks. I've never been much of a break-taker, but now I'm starting to enjoy getting out of the office.
My biggest hurdle with all of this is the guilt I feel when I eat something I don't think I should eat. The one thing I didn't like about WW was that people would say something like, "I really had a hard time not eating a cheeseburger today for lunch, but I got through it by eating a bag of rice cakes" and I was like, that bag of rice cakes doesn't make up for the loss of a cheeseburger and the more rice cakes you eat, the more calories you take in so you might as well just eat the damned burger and feel good about the calories!!! I've never thought you should have to give up the food you like, I think if you are craving a cheeseburger EAT ONE! Eating 50 rice cakes is not only going to not satisfy you and cause you to eat even more, but you're not going to be happy about it! As long as you aren't "craving" cheeseburgers everyday you should be fine.
However, that doesn't stop me from feeling GUILTY about eating said cheeseburger after the fact! I hadn't eaten french fries in probably a month and I "borrowed" some from my daughter the other day and after I ate them I felt disgusting. I never wanted to see another french fry again. I felt guilty eating them, while I was eating them, but afterwards when I realized I didn't even LIKE them anymore, it made me feel a teency bit better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It sounds like you're off to a good start.
I'm a little envious of your weather.
I've found with some food that I sometimes like the idea of that food better than I actually like the food itself.
Not sure if that makes sense.
Post a Comment