Thursday, July 24, 2008

Week 4 - One month into new program - Update

Date: 07/24/08
Weight: 311 -5 oz

Lastnight was so awesome. I was feeling so miserable all week and really just wanted to be left alone to do my own thing. I wasn't even sure I wanted to go to the gym, but I'm glad I did. Working out made me feel so much better. Even though I went on Tuesday, lastnight really helped boost my mood. It wasn't even the weight loss, just being there, laughing with my PT and working out felt so good. I never thought I would be the kind of person that enjoyed the gym - even when I was in shape and incredibly active - going to the gym was at the bottom of my list of things I liked to do...but now I really look forward to going! Yay! :-)

I'm not sure why I can't get past losing ounces and move on to losing pounds. I know part of this weeks problem was my family was here last weekend, and we ate a lot. We had barbeques at my parents house, we went out to IHOP, we ate at the Market, we snacked...etc...so hopefully this next week will be better now that I'm back on track. I look at Fridays as my cheat days, only because that's the day me and the girls at work order lunch out...and even then I order somewhat healthy. For breakfast I'm having a banana and a 10 calorie Jell-O cup snack, so I'm accomplishing my mini-goal for this month.

Dinner is still a bit of an issue, even though I feel myself getting better at what I eat for that. Lastnight my husband barbecued, and instead of having 2 cheeseburgers in buns, I had 2 smallish cheeseburgers without the bun. The night before I had one chicken fajita and a side of avocado (which wasn't as good as I thought it sounded at the time...it's better mashed up and added to the fajita...)

Anyway, it's been one month exactly since I started the program, and I was talking to my PT about it and we're both pleased with my progress. I still struggle with certain things like back extensions, they often make me dizzy half way through a set and I have to stop to take a break and get rid of the dizziness. There are a few exercises I'm embarrassed to do, simply because I suck at them...but I do them anyway because the way I look at it is that first of all, the more you do, the easier they get and second - it's part of his whole job to work with people like me...it's not like half his clientele is barbies and the other half is me...most of his clients are just like me so he's not going to judge or make fun of me, the way I imagine people do (it's all in my head...I know this).

I was supposed to have my Impedance tests tonight, but we decided not to do it because the schedule coordinator was wrong about when I'm supposed to do them. You're supposed to do it 6 weeks into the program, and I've only been there for 4 weeks. So yay - no fasting today!

Overall, I really like my new program. I don't like being away from my family so much, but I know that in the end this is going to pay off and I'm going to be a much happier, healthier person.

No comments: