Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Food Journal, daily thoughts

Today I made a food journal. The doctor gave me some, but it's hard for me to write in the tiny boxes, so I recreated it and used my own color scheme (ha!). It's much cleaner looking and more efficient than the other one.

Here is what I had today.

Breakfast

8:45
1 srvg, Caramel Rice Cakes Mini Delights, 90 Cal
8 oz, water

Snack

9:45
3/4 oz, Mild Cheddar Cheese
8 oz, water

12:30
3/4 oz, Mild Cheddar Cheese
1 3/4, cup sliced green apple
16 oz, water

Lunch

2:00
1 3/4 cup, grape tomatoes and baby peeled carrots
1 med, peanut butter and jelly sandwich (2.5 tbsp pb and 2 tbsp jam)
8 oz, water

Snack

4:00
1 srvg, Caramel Rice Cakes Mini Delights, 90 Cal
8 oz, water

Dinner

6:00
1 med, cheese pizza slice
1 med, pepperoni pizza slice
5 pieces, buffalo wings
1 can, diet coke, 0 cal

Snack

8:45
3/4 cup, pineapple chunks
8 oz, water

Thoughts

Feeling guilty about the chinese food I ate lastnight for dinner. But am helping myself get through it knowing that I recognize my mistake and am going to work on how often I let myself indulge.

I've been fooling myself for a long time. My way of thinking was so freaking lop-sided and distorted it was pathetic. Take yesterday for example, I thought, "I can have Chinese Food for dinner tonight because I don't really start the program until next week." When in reality I started the program on Monday and am only beginning to work out next week and that aside, it wasn't healthy for me to eat those things and I knowingly ate them anyway. It disgusted me.

On a lighter note, my family is being very supportive of me, which relieves me and pleases me. It's nice to have support...knowing I don't have to hide this from anyone (I never had to before either...something I didn't realize) and that everyone knows I'm on a diet and that I'm struggling with it.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Although easier said than done, try not to beat yourself up too much about the chinese food. You're going to slip sometimes, and eat things that aren't the best for you. I know that for me, when I start getting down on myself for a slip-up, it starts to eat away at my motivation.

I like how you are focusing on getting yourself back on track, post-chinese food.

It's great that you have the support of your family. Aside from my wife (and her mom), fitness and weight loss is something that just isn't really talked about or acknowledged. It's nice that your family is behind you.