If not, they are now...and I have definitions for them. Torturist: Personal Trainer. Torturism: The art of working out that Personal Trainers major in.
Kidding, of course. Tonight was my first work-out with my regular PT, and I have to say, I'm not nearly as nervous as I was before about having a male PT. He's really very nice and good at keeping me focused and motivated.
My quads were so bad the last 2 days that getting up and sitting down felt like a big rig parking on my legs. After a few tears, I started thinking that it was a "good" pain and not a bad pain, so I sucked it up, stopped limping and started stretching out the sore muscles and it felt GREAT!!!
During the workout we did more wall squats, and even though it hurt the first time, after that I started gradually feeling better. That's not to say I wasn't a complete wreck at the end of my session, but now that I've cooled down, showered and unwound, I feel almost greatful for the pain.
I was over at Pauls' blog and read this post. The whole not being able to "un-eat" the extra burger he had, totally struck a chord with me. Last week I posted about feeling guilty eating the chinese food, and I wasn't letting myself take it easy on it, but Paul is right, you can't "un-eat" something...so really there's no reason to feel guilty about it.
Blog Updates
Anywho - I changed some things around on here.
First of all, I got rid of that awful pink theme I had going...I liked it for awhile, but after a few days it started making me nauseous.
Second - I changed the name. If I could change the blog address too, I would...I decided to go with something more positive rather than something sounding somewhat negative.
Third - and this one was the hardest. I changed my "ID" from "The Quiet One" to my real one...
Hello, my name is Sarah and I am a 28 year old happily married mother of a 6 year old daughter who means the world to me. I live and work in the Evergreen State. I made the decision to lighten up about my identity because in the end, this is who I am...I am overweight, and I'm working to fix that...take me as I am, or hit the road runnin...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
it's awesome that you started thinking about your workout pain as good pain! and the whole not being able to uneat something? i totally agree with that. you can beat yourself up for something that already happened. i think you'll do great!!
I've never had a personal trainer. I bet it really helps keep the training moving, and it's of course a standing appointment. Makes it more difficult to just "not feel like" exercising.
I like the new blog name. Then again, I didn't read your old blog name as being particularly negative -- just resolute. :)
Nice to "meet" you, Sarah. One nice thing about blogging is that you can be as anonymous as you want to be.
So, how's it going?
Hmm, I commented earlier, I'm sure, but it doesn't look like you've approved it. Did I swear too much in it? ;-)
Post a Comment